Showing 37–48 of 128 results
Graymills H4000 SeriesRead More
Centrifugal Ink Pumps
Centrifugal pump for high flow, high decks, on flexo, and gravure webs over 60 inches (1.5m) wide. For viscosities exceeding 40 sec. use either a 3/4hp electric motor or #4 air motor. Optional Quick Demountable motor. ATEX and CE compliant models available. Fits in 10, 20, and 30 gallon tanks.
Graymills HR seriesRead More
Centrifugal Ink Pumps
Centrifugal pump for use on larger narrow web and envelope presses requiring flow rates up to 2 GPM and viscosities up 30 sec. No.2 Zahn. These pumps are constructed of a Teflon® coated cast iron body, stainless steel shaft, ½” NPT discharge, and agitor tube for in-tank circulation. Fits in 2 gallon stainless steel tank with nickel plated lid. Non-explosion-proof, explosion-proof, and air motor options.
Graymills HV seriesRead More
Centrifugal Ink Pumps
Centrifugal pump for use on small presses requiring flow rates of less than 1 GPM and viscosities up to 30 sec. No.2 Zahn. These pumps have a high strength thermoplastic pump body, stainless steel shaft, ½” NPT discharge tube, and agitor jet for in-tank circulation. Available in 1 or 2 gallon tank size. Non-explosion-proof, explosion-proof, and air motor options.
Graymills Dual Head PumpsRead More
Two peristaltic pump heads powered by a single motor allow the pump’s heads to be individually set to supply or return. This ability, coupled with the pump’s variable speed capability and ability to reverse direction, allows for several pumping configurations:
- Supply one ink to two separate decks
- Supply two different inks to two separate decks
- Supply and return one ink to one deck
These pumps are available in PPS or PPL versions, have standard quick change heads, eight position adjustable head orientations, and remote mounting of controls with a 16’4” (5m) cord. Available with electric gear motor with electronic variable speed control; consult factory for explosion proof model. CE compliant models available. Optional hard coat anodized head with stainless steel rotors (PQL only).
Graymills PPL Ink PumpsRead More
For mid to wide web flexo, gravure, and rotary screen applications and light to heavy viscosity inks, coatings and adhesives (including UV/EB), requiring flow rates of 4.5 GPM or less. Available with electric gear motor with electronic variable speed control (115/230 VAC) 50/60 Hz or ATEX electric gear motor with variable speed control (230/460 VAC, 3 Ph) 50/60 Hz.
Optional “Quick Change” removable head Model PQL. Pump head/tube changes are accomplished in seconds without tools. Simply pull the lock-pin, remove the used head, and replace with another head loaded with clean tube. PQL models include all of the features of the standard PPL models. “Quick Change” heads can be retrofit to Graymills peristaltic pumps made since January 2005.
JM Heaford Mounter Post Print Flat Table 2CSRead More
Post Print Corrugated Plate Mounting and Proofing
A comprehensive range of machines for handling plate mounting for Post print corrugated applications for use in either a flexo plate making house supplying corrugated customers or in the pre-press section of a corrugated printing plate.
- The machines are designed for simple, accurate and efficient mounting using cameras and register marks on the plates.
- Machines are available for both types of mounting – flat or ‘in the round’. Three of the machines have motor driven camera positioning systems with motion control on both axes and the fourth is a reduced specification machine with manually positioned cameras and motorised positioning for the y axis.
- The three machines with full motion control (‘in the round’ mounter proofer, Flat Table with Proofing and Flat Table 2CS) can be set up manually via the operator interface or to accept coordinate download files from pre-press software systems supplied by Esko and by Kodak. Coordinate information is stored for each job and can be recalled if there is a need to remount the job or repair an existing job. The more manual machine (Flat Tabel 2CE) does not have data storage capability and each job is set up manually via a written coordinate ‘lay sheet’.
- The machines are equipped with an enhanced digital vision system offering a range of target formats, digital image enlargement (optical magnification is 50x) video image recording and other features.
- The two models with proofing systems are gearless and both use electronic systems to control register and servo motors to drive the drums for proofing. We recommend the use of water based acrylic inks and high quality coated proofing paper to prepare an accurate proof. The servo drive systems enable the print length to be adjusted if required although the quality will diminish as a result. Proofing inks are applied using a rubber hand roller. If box layouts are required they can be plotted elsewhere beforehand on the proofing paper and mounted on the proofing drum.
- The machines are constructed using top quality components – Siemens PLC, Bosch Rexroth drives, Festo pneumatics. The three motion control models are fitted with digital Ethernet modems for remote management and update when required.
JM Heaford Rotogravure Cylinder ProofingRead More
Gravure Range – Cylinder
A range of precision engineered Gravure proofing presses which can use all production parameters such as inks, plates, cylinders and the actual press substrate to print a production quality, in-register, multicolour proof.
- The machines are used by both printing companies and cylinder engraving service houses as the proof can be used for pre-customer approvals and not just for checking cylinder quality, separations, text and register. A gravure proof press can also be used for in-house development work and for staff training purposes.
- Sample proofs are produced quickly and the proof establishes the correct colours and ink standards to allow total elimination of production press downtime caused by cylinder problems.
- The SC range of machines cover the most common cylinder sizes up to face width of 1800mm and can be supplied in three drum circumference sizes offering proof lengths of 2600mm, 3500mm and 5000mm.
- High pressure hydraulic impression system for good print out of even the smallest cells
- Fully PLC controlled
- Precise register control
- Fully safety interlocked and CE certified
- Pneumatic headstock operation
- Pneumatic sidelay control
- Video registration as standard
- Choice of proofing blankets
JM Heaford Flexographic Proofing PressRead More
Flexo Proof Press – Narrow or Wide Web / Servo or Gear Driven
A range of precision engineered flexographic proofing presses which can use all production parameters such as inks, plates, anilox cylinders and the actual press substrate to print a production quality, in-register, multicolour proof.
- The machines are used by both printing companies and plate making service houses as the proof can be used for customer approvals and not just for checking plate quality, separations, text and register. A machine such as this can also be used for in-house development work and for staff training purposes.
- Machines can be used in conjunction with any type of inks such as water based and solvent based. A UV drying system is required if UV inks are used. The complete range of commonly used substrates can be printed onto such as label stock, thin P.E. films, B.O.P.P. films and carton board.
- The machines are custom specified for each individual application. The larger format machines can be built using a 7 axis servo system or with a bull gear and proofing gear system. Typically sleeves would be used for both anilox and print forms but machines can also be built to handle cylinder formats. The narrow web machine for the Label and Carton industry has a gear drive and again can be built to handle cylinders or sleeves.
- The machines are fitted with a video system to suit the application – single high magnification for re-registering pre-mounted sleeves, single camera pair for one plate across and multiple camera pairs for multiple plates.
- Impression setting system depends on the particular machine specification. The servo machine uses a servo motor and ball screw system. The wide format geared unit uses a manual screw system and hydraulics against hard stops and the narrow format machine uses manual screws and air cylinders. In all cases impression is measured and controlled by precision measuring systems accurate to 10 microns or better.
- The proofing drum carrying the substrate is stainless steel ground to CI drum tolerances. Variable drum diameter offers proofing lengths of 1.5m up to 5 meters. Tensioning bars across the drum ensure that the substrate is correctly tensioned prior to proofing.
- Wash off drive systems are fitted for anilox cleaning and ink suction systems are available as an option for removing excess ink from the doctor blade nip at the end of the proofing cycle.
- Pre-inking systems are available for water-based and UV ink applications to improve ink density on the first repeat and maximise the number of proofs available per print cycle.
- Register control not he servo machine is electronic. Register control on the geared machines is mechanical.
JM Heaford Wide Web Microdot Plate Mounting – 2CSRead More
A market leading plate mounter has to meet several objectives – high level of repeatable accuracy; reliability; ease of use and speed. Strength of construction, accuracy of machining and design/component selection feature heavily in achieving the first two objectives.
- Ease of use and speed are achieved through intelligent design of the machine layout and control system. The 2CS Cobra from J M Heaford ltd meets all of these objectives without compromise.
- The machine in standard format has twin moving cameras powered by linear motors and an ultra -precise measuring system with repeatable accuracy of + / – 1 micron. The cameras are fixed focus units and move on a servo motor driven support beam for fully automatic camera beam positioning.
- The sleeve mandrel is fixed rigidly in the high strength deflection resistant frame and supported at the opening end by a powered raise/lower headstock to give access to the mandrel for sleeve changeover. Different mandrel adaptors are available as are couplings to supply air to those step up adaptors which have side wall air feeds.
- The mounter features two auto positioning 100x magnification colour digital camera assemblies. The cameras are moved to positions pre-recorded in the mounter database by linear motors with positional feedback provided by linear encoders attached to each camera assembly. The mounter uses a 27” touch screen displaying both camera images on a single screen.
- A combination of (optional) rear plate support table and pneumatically actuated pressure roller allow the operator to attach the plate to the stickyback without having to apply the contact pressure by hand. Mandrel rotation is via foot pedal and a second footpedal controls the rear table.
- For customers who apply stickyback to sleeves circumferentially and who use the mounter for this we can offer two types of application holder for the tape roll – one with an integral pressure roller and one without. Both these applicators can also be supplied on a standalone sleeve dedicated tape and plate work station to increase the work flow through the mounter.
- Our highly successful plate cutter is also available as an option on this machine.
JM Heaford Mid & Wide Web Microdot Plate Mounting – Manual CamerasRead More
The sleeve dedicated mounter from J.M. Heaford meets all objectives without compromise. Construction strength, machining accuracy, design and component selection feature heavily in achieving the first two objectives. Ease of use and speed are achieved through intelligent design of the mounter.