Grafisk Maskinfabrik GR80K ShredderRead More
Shredder with built-in waste removal unit. Designed to shred a wide range of material and reduce it to approx. 5-10% of the original volume.
Combined with the optional Waste Bag System it is possible to use canvas bags for the shredded material. The optional Waste Bag System can easily be retrofitted to existing GR80K machines in a matter of minutes.
Grafisk Maskinfabrik DC330FBRead More
Combination Print Finishing
The powerful combination of semi-rotary die cutting, flatbed screen-printing and a 30 ton pressure heavy duty stamping and hot foil unit, makes even complex labels easy to run. The tooling cost is very low and most tools can be made locally or in-house. Existing tooling for older flatbed equipment can be reused. If you disable the flatbed units, the line cab produce normal industrial labels with flexo, lamination, cold foiling and semi-rotary die cutting at up to 45 m/min ( can be increased to 65 m/min with Productivity Pack).
Grafisk Maskinfabrik KU600 Roll LifterRead More
Electro-hydraulic Roll Lifter
The KU600 DHFM is a motorized roll lifter/roll turner enabling rolls to be taken down from a pallet, turn them from horizontal into vertical position and place them either on the floor or directly in the rewind/unwind section of a machine.
Grafisk Maskinfabrik KU200 Roll LifterRead More
KU200 Electro-hydraulic Roll Lifter
Mobile electric/hydraulic roll lifters/roll turners. All models are available with remote control and are equipped with an expansion mandrel and a roll holder preventing telescoping of the roll. Max. roll weight 200 kg. A laterally movable lever arm is standard on the KU200
Grafisk Maskinfabrik RL Roll LifterRead More
The RL roll lifters are mobile, hydraulic lifting units for handling of paper rolls from storage area to printing press.
The RL-line includes four models RL7, RL11, RL14 and RL14EL with different lifting heights and manual or automatic lifting. The RL roll lifter unit consists of a solidly welded frame, two fixed front wheels and two revolvable rear wheels. The distance between the front wheels has been adjusted to enable them to go under an EUR pallet.
The RL 7/11/14 are designed with a foot operated hydraulic pump and gear train for easy lifting and lowering in the RL14EL this is done by an electric actuator. The support shaft is fitted with ball bearings on the top side and can easily be replaced by a yoke which is applied when the roll including the shaft is to be lifted from a machine.
The RL14EL which is the automatic roll lifter is supplied with a remote controller the Lifting and lowering function is made by means of an electrical actuator.
The RT-line is a simple and inexpensive roll turner designed to be mounted in an electric crane for lifting and easy turning of paper rolls from horizontal into vertical position. The RT can place the paper roll directly in the rewind or unwind section of a slitter or a printing press.
JM Heaford Mounter Post Print Flat Table 2CSRead More
Post Print Corrugated Plate Mounting and Proofing
A comprehensive range of machines for handling plate mounting for Post print corrugated applications for use in either a flexo plate making house supplying corrugated customers or in the pre-press section of a corrugated printing plate.
- The machines are designed for simple, accurate and efficient mounting using cameras and register marks on the plates.
- Machines are available for both types of mounting – flat or ‘in the round’. Three of the machines have motor driven camera positioning systems with motion control on both axes and the fourth is a reduced specification machine with manually positioned cameras and motorised positioning for the y axis.
- The three machines with full motion control (‘in the round’ mounter proofer, Flat Table with Proofing and Flat Table 2CS) can be set up manually via the operator interface or to accept coordinate download files from pre-press software systems supplied by Esko and by Kodak. Coordinate information is stored for each job and can be recalled if there is a need to remount the job or repair an existing job. The more manual machine (Flat Tabel 2CE) does not have data storage capability and each job is set up manually via a written coordinate ‘lay sheet’.
- The machines are equipped with an enhanced digital vision system offering a range of target formats, digital image enlargement (optical magnification is 50x) video image recording and other features.
- The two models with proofing systems are gearless and both use electronic systems to control register and servo motors to drive the drums for proofing. We recommend the use of water based acrylic inks and high quality coated proofing paper to prepare an accurate proof. The servo drive systems enable the print length to be adjusted if required although the quality will diminish as a result. Proofing inks are applied using a rubber hand roller. If box layouts are required they can be plotted elsewhere beforehand on the proofing paper and mounted on the proofing drum.
- The machines are constructed using top quality components – Siemens PLC, Bosch Rexroth drives, Festo pneumatics. The three motion control models are fitted with digital Ethernet modems for remote management and update when required.
JM Heaford Rotogravure Cylinder ProofingRead More
Gravure Range – Cylinder
A range of precision engineered Gravure proofing presses which can use all production parameters such as inks, plates, cylinders and the actual press substrate to print a production quality, in-register, multicolour proof.
- The machines are used by both printing companies and cylinder engraving service houses as the proof can be used for pre-customer approvals and not just for checking cylinder quality, separations, text and register. A gravure proof press can also be used for in-house development work and for staff training purposes.
- Sample proofs are produced quickly and the proof establishes the correct colours and ink standards to allow total elimination of production press downtime caused by cylinder problems.
- The SC range of machines cover the most common cylinder sizes up to face width of 1800mm and can be supplied in three drum circumference sizes offering proof lengths of 2600mm, 3500mm and 5000mm.
- High pressure hydraulic impression system for good print out of even the smallest cells
- Fully PLC controlled
- Precise register control
- Fully safety interlocked and CE certified
- Pneumatic headstock operation
- Pneumatic sidelay control
- Video registration as standard
- Choice of proofing blankets
JM Heaford Flexographic Proofing PressRead More
Flexo Proof Press – Narrow or Wide Web / Servo or Gear Driven
A range of precision engineered flexographic proofing presses which can use all production parameters such as inks, plates, anilox cylinders and the actual press substrate to print a production quality, in-register, multicolour proof.
- The machines are used by both printing companies and plate making service houses as the proof can be used for customer approvals and not just for checking plate quality, separations, text and register. A machine such as this can also be used for in-house development work and for staff training purposes.
- Machines can be used in conjunction with any type of inks such as water based and solvent based. A UV drying system is required if UV inks are used. The complete range of commonly used substrates can be printed onto such as label stock, thin P.E. films, B.O.P.P. films and carton board.
- The machines are custom specified for each individual application. The larger format machines can be built using a 7 axis servo system or with a bull gear and proofing gear system. Typically sleeves would be used for both anilox and print forms but machines can also be built to handle cylinder formats. The narrow web machine for the Label and Carton industry has a gear drive and again can be built to handle cylinders or sleeves.
- The machines are fitted with a video system to suit the application – single high magnification for re-registering pre-mounted sleeves, single camera pair for one plate across and multiple camera pairs for multiple plates.
- Impression setting system depends on the particular machine specification. The servo machine uses a servo motor and ball screw system. The wide format geared unit uses a manual screw system and hydraulics against hard stops and the narrow format machine uses manual screws and air cylinders. In all cases impression is measured and controlled by precision measuring systems accurate to 10 microns or better.
- The proofing drum carrying the substrate is stainless steel ground to CI drum tolerances. Variable drum diameter offers proofing lengths of 1.5m up to 5 meters. Tensioning bars across the drum ensure that the substrate is correctly tensioned prior to proofing.
- Wash off drive systems are fitted for anilox cleaning and ink suction systems are available as an option for removing excess ink from the doctor blade nip at the end of the proofing cycle.
- Pre-inking systems are available for water-based and UV ink applications to improve ink density on the first repeat and maximise the number of proofs available per print cycle.
- Register control not he servo machine is electronic. Register control on the geared machines is mechanical.